Interested in donating items to our ReStore, give us a call at 843-292-0570 to arrange a free pick-up!
Businesses and organizations that partner with Greater Florence Habitat for Humanity help to eliminate poverty housing and build stronger communities.
Demonstrate civic leadership and a commitment to affordable housing by sponsoring a Habitat home. Benefits can include high visibility signage at the construction site, recognition in our marketing materials, team building opportunities, and participation in home dedications and other key Habitat events.
What you do:
- Contribute funds: The cost of a home depends on the size and specific needs of the family, but $75,000 is the average in our area.
- Enlist volunteers: Volunteers at least 16 years of age can help build. No experience is necessary!
- Build the House: Construction typically takes 12-16 weeks. Skilled supervision is provided.
- Dedication: The house is built and the family receives their keys. Your only responsibility now is to celebrate a job well done!
What we do:
- Secure the construction site including purchase and preparation of the land
- Provide all building materials, blueprints, permits, etc.
- Provide skilled construction supervision, training and support of your volunteers
- Select and support the Partner Family
- Recognize and publicize home sponsors
- Recruit/provide additional volunteers as needed.
Volunteering on site with Habitat will strengthen your team spirit and morale as members from all levels of your company communicate, cooperate, and work together to get a job done.
Bring your team or organization and join us for a day of building. Your company provides the volunteers and financial contribution, and we provide skilled construction supervision, training, tools and safety equipment.